....the three most important things in life, and as a friend had caught on, you can only guess how the three are ordered as priorities in my life. :)
"Your diamonds are not in far distant mountains or in yonder seas; they are in your own backyard, if you but dig for them."
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Congee
The ultimate chinese comfort food. I used 12 cups of water and 2 cups of rice for this consistency,. Bring to boil the water and rice, and then simmer on low for about 30-40 minutes. I also added two pork neck bones in for flavor. I have pork neck bones in my freezer, and I prep it by boiling it in hot water for about 5 minutes to get rid of any impurities, before I store it in the freezer.
Stir constantly - that's probably the hardest thing to do with congee - you always have to keep an eye on it. I tossed in bits of fish fillet (marinated in soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch) toward the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Labels:
cooking - main
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment